- The Ministry of Education Web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or email address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an email or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- If you join a Ministry of Education online discussion group or email listing service, we may ask you to volunteer personal information such as your name and email address for the purposes of effective administration of the discussion group. In some cases, our groups are limited to member only discussions and as such can not be accessed by the general public. We will notify you as to whether you are joining a closed (limited) or open (public) discussion. The Ministry of Education offers discussion forums and email listing services as a courtesy to the education community and general public and assumes no responsibility whatsoever for postings or messages contributed by other public subscribers to services. The Ministry of Education does however, reserve the right to block and/or remove any material deemed offensive by the Ministry or the other participants in Ministry of Education discussion forums or email listing services.
Required and optional information
- When you subscribe to a Ministry of Education electronic mailing list, the only required information is an email address where we can send messages. With some lists, you'll also have the option of further identifying yourself or your organization. This will help us develop user profiles, but providing such information is strictly optional.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this department are subject to The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- The Ministry of Education employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected. The Ministry of Education reserves the right to identify individuals using any services offered within the site in any manner that violates Saskatchewan, Canadian or International law.
- The Ministry of Education does not normally use "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Information on individual visitors is used by the Ministry of Education employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the government.
Questions or comments regarding this policy or the administration of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act in the Ministry of Education may be directed to:
Ministry of Education - Policy, Evaluation & Legislative Services
Phone: (306) 787-7691
Fax: (306) 798-2572
3rd Floor, 2220 College Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 4V9
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the:
Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner
503 - 1801 Hamilton St.
Regina SK S4P 4B4
Tel: (306) 787-8350
Fax: (306) 798-1603