The report presents information on the PreK-12 education system. Three types of indicators are included:
- Context (environmental) indicators describe the social, economic, and demographic influences on the education system;
- Process indicators provide information about how things are done within the education system, including descriptions of policies, resources and activities; and,
- Outcome indicators provide information about student results and achievements.
The report contains:
- province-wide information that enables school divisions to monitor their progress toward the achievement of their annual continuous improvement plans;
- data that can be used by senior ministry officials, school division policy-makers, educators and parents to identify and discuss issues and to make decisions that are intended to improve the learning and achievement level of Saskatchewan students;and,
- a picture of the accomplishments of Saskatchewan schools, as well as areas where continued attention and improvement are required.